Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Original Vietnam War Picture Lot A Piece of History

I love seeing old vintage photos from any time and I found this lot from Vietnam from around 1972. I look at these photos and realize they are a part of our history and wonder about the person that took these? Was he a young many drafted like many  into that war or someone who went willingly? What were his thoughts as he took these pictures? Just so many questions when you look at these pictures. 


I have the lot listed on eBay and am hoping they find a good home. There are 44 photos in this lot and there are pictures of ships, helicopters, people, cities and beautiful scenery. This is truly a step into the past when going through these photos. You can see the rest of the photos including close up ones on the listing.

We have a sale going on today also on many of our items and also include free shipping. So stop by today and check out our vintage collectibles.

4 comments:

  1. Great lot you have there. I sold a similar one a few years back (well probably more than a few). It is a part of our history and a shame so many personal artefacts were lost because of the acrimony when the troops came home. The country seems beautiful, the war, not so much.

    I'm watching your listing and will be interested to see how it does.
    http://www.depressionglasswarehouse.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much and I feel the same way. One thing that is great is listing items like this so that they can find a good home and be appreciated. It truly is a part of our country's history.

      Delete
  2. I'm always sad when I see family history tossed away. Kudos to you for preserving this for someone to appreciate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree and even through it might not be with the family that it was taken for I hope it goes to a family that someone served in Vietnam.

      Delete