Thursday, June 12, 2014

Do You Remember Using A Rotary Dial Telephone?

It is amazing to me the difference between the telephones that I grew up with and cell phones today. We had a rotary dial corded phone that you could only go as far as the cord went from the wall when you were talking. Hard to believe isn't it? As a teenager we used to stretch the cord as far as it would go into the next room and close the door to get some privacy. Again hard to believe since today most everyone talks about just about anything just about anywhere in public.


This telephone was called a Trimline model and came out in various colors. These were the latest thing at the time since it replaced the standard black phones that everyone had. The red phone was a popular color at the time.

This one is up for bid on eBay this week and you can see all the pictures on the auction listing. I found this phone at an estate sale and it sure did bring back memories.

What memories does this phone bring back for you?

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely remember phones like that! We had them during my teen years. The one in my bedroom was cream color and it had a long cord ... it got a lot of use, too!!

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too Trish I remember we had a really long cord and stretched it as far as we could to get some privacy when we were teenagers.

    ReplyDelete