Saturday, November 9, 2013

Do You Collect Vintage Hardware?

My husband loves auctions and has collected items for many years. One day I was looking through some boxes for stuff to sell and found a box of vintage hardware. I mean the old original hardware on doors and cabinets that had been around for many years. I started doing some research and was fascinated by what I found. 




First I loved the look of the vintage pieces and never thought about it growing up. To me they were just drawer pulls or door knobs but today they are so much more. There is a lot of craftsmanship that went in to these pieces and many of them are brass. Over the years they have aged and took on a beautiful look. 

I started a collection on eBay for vintage hardware and also a Pinterest board of some of my favorites if you would like to follow them. 

I have listed some for sale and you can find them in eBay in my Vintage Hardware category. 

4 comments:

  1. Some of the Vintage Hardware I`ve seen in old houses just Blows me away how ornate they are The new stuff nowadays is just BLAH in my opinion.. Great Blog BTW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean the craftsmanship that went into the old vintage hardware is amazing.

      Delete
  2. I love looking at vintage hardware, and your collection is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much I love how ornate an detailed the vintage hardware is compared to today.

      Delete